Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Movie Review - The Rite


Watched this a couple weeks ago.

Wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did.

I am always on the lookout for good, spooky movies. This one delivered in spades.

I'm a huge fan of Anthony Hopkins. He didn't disappoint.

The thrills and chills in the movies weren't of the "boo" kind, but more of the constant creepy kind.

There was a great backstory on the wayward priest, in terms of his upbringing, career choice, and the path he eventually chose to take.

There is also an element of science to it, when the exorcists & journalists are taking class. I would like to attend one of those classes.

There's a spooky scene with a demon-possessed mule - unique and weird, but it worked for me.

And if any of you know me, you know it takes a lot to get me scared. During the first half of the movie, I had to turn it off and walk away because I was getting too spooked.

It's not in my Top 10, but definitely in my Top 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment