Monday, November 28, 2011

Movie Review - The Descendants


I'm baffled as to why critics are deeming this the best film of the year.

It blew. Far and wide.

I'm a genuine Clooney fan. The only movie I haven't seen of his yet is "The American" and I will soon. Why? Because I need to wipe my memory of the steaming pile of shit that was "The Descendants."

To sum it up:

Tragic accident. Coma. Indifference. Cheating. Clooney attempting to run in Docksiders. Anger. Confrontation. Sadness. Death. Ice Cream. Credits.

The movie was so damn boring. Clooney's character felt very one-dimensional, which many reviews are touting the opposite. This movie TRIED very hard to be "real" but in my opinion it fell extremely short of that.

It was also extremely depressing. So much so, that I got into a funk that lasted for hours. And yeah, that's on me, but I would've been fine and dandy had I need seen that stupid movie.

Am I letting my mood cloud my judgement, my review? Nope. I really went into this with an open mind.

The only thing that saved the movie for me was watching Clooney reach a level of acting I hadn't seen from him before - he cried.

I liked that. I know he has range as an actor. Now, for me, he has depth.

I wouldn't even spend a Red Box $1 on this.

I cannot recommend this movie.

Consider yourself warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment