Monday, December 5, 2011

Snow can suck it.


So, last winter I started hating snow. And pretty much all things related to cold.

And it got me worried.

Am I finally an adult? Have I lost that child-like wonderment that goes along with winter holidays, making snowmen and ice skating?

I really went all out & crabbed about the snow. Driving in it. Other people driving in it...poorly. Putting me in danger.

And all my crabbing made me feel old. Made me feel like a crotchety, old lady who has too many cats, is perpetually single, and never calls anyone by their correct names. And who shakes my old-lady fist at the snow, threatening it with my wizened, balled-up hand.

Today, after talking to a coworker, I now feel better.

I am not old. Or crotchety. I have a dog. And I always call people by their correct names.

I just don't take any pleasure in snow during the workweek.

I like snow in the following situations:

1. Skiing (on vacation)

2. Sledding (on the weekends)

3. For Oliver (he loves to play in it until his tiny baby paws get too cold and he starts walking like he's rusting like the Tin Man did in The Wizard Of OZ)

4. For how it makes Christmas Day feel

So, Mother Nature, feel free to bring on the snow. If you can start early Saturday morning, and make sure it melts by Monday morning commute time, we're all good.

Deal?

Deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment