Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanks for sharing, Modesto


Modesto is my most favorite restaurant in the Lou. Hands down.

The menu is ALWAYS diverse and delicious. Fare for carnivores and vegetarians alike.

Some of my favorite tapas are:

Bistec a la Cabrales - grilled hanger steak with Cabrales cheese and port reduction

Empanadillas de Chorizo - chorizo, potato and cheese pastries with ailoi

Pinchos Morunos - lamb skewers with yogurt and tomato-herb salsa

So I was just perusing my Facebook page, and I see a new post from Modesto.

Guess what? Chef Gracen Dinsmoor posted a recipe for.......wait for it.........wait for it........

GOAT CHEESE STUFFING!

Oh my goodness. Seriously?

Does it get any better than this?

Not only does the recipe revolve around goat cheese (which, in case you didn't know, is cheese made from angels on high) but it comes straight from the selective, creative and exquisite mind of Chef Grace.

This Monday just got a gold star.

I know what I'll be doing after work today - heading to the grocery store to get the ingredients to try out this fantastic fare.

But let's get to the bottom line here of why this is blog-worthy.

What makes this recipe unique is not that it contains goat cheese. Nor is it because it comes from the incredible mind of Chef Grace.

What makes this situation unique is that this culinary creation was shared by a renowned chef, who works at a renowned local eatery, via Facebook.

Restaurants don't have to share anything. Many share the photos of dishes they make, but not the recipes. Why? Because that might make potential patrons NOT visit the restaurant and just make the dishes at home.

They don't have to go the extra mile and make anyone's Monday a little bit less Mondayish. But they took the time out today to do just that, and I'm thankful.

Am I gushing? Perhaps. Is it warranted? Yup.

It's that sharing, that transparency, that willingness to reach out that will make me continue to go back to their restaurant for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment