Thursday, December 8, 2011

Movie Review & other stuff


Saw "Tree of Life", featuring Brad Pitt and very little of Sean Penn. Directed by Terrence Malick.

I really enjoyed Pitt's acting. And that's about all I enjoyed about the film.

I really liked Malick's "The New World" with Colin Ferrell. It was a very poetic film, moved me in all sorts of ways, and even though it was linear, that's not something I have to have in a film in order to like it. Same goes for "The Thin Red Line".

However, "Tree" was just a big 'ol mess of nothing special. Jumped all over. Sean Penn's part was useless. It was, in places, disturbing and not in a good way. And the family dynamic was probably true to many families back in the day, but they way in which it was portrayed felt forced.

NOT recommended by me. Watch at your own risk.

In other news, Ollie is sick. Under the weather. Being weird, not eating, listless, seemingly sad. Vet said it could be due to new treats, Busy Bones, I've recently given him, or his supposed melanoma. Since I refuse to let the doc cut him up, I will remove the treats and see.

Other other news, I am so ready for Xmas to be here. I love spending time at my aunt's house, just kicking back, eating, relaxing, and just being. No judgement, just good times. LOVE IT.

More news...you know how you see a movie trailer and it just PULLS YOU IN? Like, after you watch it you are setting a reminder in your phone that you HAVE to see this film on opening night? And then you see the film, and realize that many of the scenes that were in the trailer were NOT in the movie? Or that the trailer didn't accurately represent the actual movie, and you're sitting there wondering why you paid good money to see crap?

Well, check this link out. It has the Top 10 Biggest Movie Controversies in 2011, and it's grand. They have a short about how many times Natalie Portman was replaced in "Black Swan", and I remember thinking how cool it was for her to do most of her own dancing. HA! Not so, said the researcher...

In final news, I'm fighting off what could eventually turn into a huge addiction to Duncan Heinz Homestyle cream cheese frosting. I made cupcakes over the holidays, and discovered his fluffy, beigey heaven. I am really fighting the urge to go out and buy a can just for spooning...

No comments:

Post a Comment