Monday, June 27, 2011

This message will self-destruct in 10 seconds....


Hardcore.

In a word - this isn't me.

I'm more fluid, flexible, fun. The three F's if there was such a thing.

However, I am getting hardcore about my running, and have gone all strap-on in preparation for the Rock-n-Roll 1/2 Marathon.

I have three going simultaneously when pounding the pavement, and two when at rest.

The first is my BodyBugg. This helps mainly with caloric intake tracking, not so much running, but it's a complimentary electronic companion (CAC). It resides at all times on my upper right arm, cradling my tricep.

The second? My iPod which sits snug on my upper left arm, ready to let loose with selected cacophonies that infuse my every step. My playlist rocks, yo. Don't be hatin'.

The third, and quite possibly most important toy-tool of them all is my Garmin. It wraps lovingly around my left wrist like a good boyfriend should, giving me progress notes at the tap of a finger. Oh, and did I mention the heart rate monitor? Good times.

I feel like the a less-scary, intense Ethan Hunt a la Tom Cruise what with all this gadgetry.

And yes, most runs I feel like I'm on a mission, impossible.

Yet I keep on going. Up to 3.5 miles now, somewhat comfortably. Which means, I'm not dead yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment