Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Improved pace 'cause of the chase

So I was chased while on my way to Tower Grove Park this morning for my morning run.

Some crazy lady yelled at me when I passed her, asking me for change for the bus.

Um, I'm running. No purse. No money, honey.

I didn't answer her, and I guess that was my mistake. She proceeded to start screaming at me, and I slowed down to look back and she was running down the sidewalk chasing after me.

Nice.

I just sped up a bit, crossed Grand and kept on going, hearing her screams start to get more and more faint.

Needless to say, I took a different route back home after my run.

I had my mace, but would rather not have to use it.

The thing is, my neighborhood can be sketchy, but it's block by block, and my route to the park is through the good blocks.

Thinking this is a one-time deal.

Still - makes for an interesting morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment