Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday reflections...or substandard rambling. You pick.

1. So the SJP movie bombed this weekend. Did anyone really think it was going to be a hit? If so, umm, get out much? Sorry, but she jumped the shark after SITC. Move on.

2. I have decided I'm not a fan of HUGE crowds unless I have an assigned seat and can leave when I want to. This is why I will not be going to events such as the Balloon Glow, Live on the Levee, or Race for the Cure ever again. I will show my support in other ways.

3. I am still staying away from Indian food. The nightmare from last week still haunts me. I'm sure you really wanted to know this, but whatev. It's my life.

4. I'm pretty sure the universe is trying to tell me a few things. And I have decided to just go with the flow and see what happens with the first one, use my best judgement on the second, and make a doctor's appointment for the third. Trust, wisdom and karma will show me the way.

5. My dog is a creature of habit, and when I interrupt these habits it backfires on me in kinda gross ways. I need to adhere to our routines more, because he deserves the best life ever.

6. I cancelled my Netflix account. I am not going to play into their oh-so-obvious corporate greed and won't be a partner to their oh-so-obvious business lunacy. Hello again, Redbox...

7. I have a new favorite band today, and they are The Big Pink. The song is Dominos. It makes me want to wear all black, don my Doc Martens, and dance in a mysterious, shoe-gazing way.



8. I recently discovered a song I really, really like, which is from a band I really, really can't stand. Not sure how I missed this gem by Jimmy Eat World, but I am glad I found it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment