Monday, September 5, 2011

Must-see movies for Fall 2011

Melancholia - I've long been a fan of Kirsten Dunst. Throw in Lars Von Trier and Charlotte Gainsbourg, and it's a recipe for yummy cinema.


Paranormal Activity 3 - because I'm a sucker for scary trilogies:


Contagion - stellar cast, outbreak, world catastrophe. Matt Damon. Kate Winselt. Jude Law. Love. Love. Love.


Take Shelter - Man has weird dreams and visions about the end of the world. Builds a bomb shelter. Freaks his family out. Michael Shannon makes me happy.


Martha, Marcy, May, Marlene - A young woman flees a cult, gets paranoid that they're coming after her. Looks pretty unique.


50/50 - Seth Rogan truth-based dramedy about a friend who has cancer. Joseph-Gordon Levitt. Done.


Weekend - fresh, wounding and hopeful. These are the words I would describe from just seeing the trailer. Interested in seeing if this is true about the film as a whole.


Machine Gun Preacher - Gerard Butler. If you know me, you know I don't need to say any more than his name.


Life, Above All - a young girl facing the AIDS crisis at home in South Africa. From what I saw, it reminds me of the beautiful film Yesterday.


Higher Ground - Vera Farmiga stars in and directs in this story of a woman's journey with Christianity.

No comments:

Post a Comment