Sunday, July 7, 2013

Yah Mon

Morning cycling recap:
Avg speed: 16.4
Avg rpm: 87
Total miles: 32
Total hills: 4
Total times Chaka Demus' "Murder She Wrote" played thanks to sneaky iPod repeat: 5

Feeling pretty good, wish I had gotten out sooner - it's damn hot out. Will run tonight after BBQ. Should be cooler.

As I got situated on the bike, I looked up at the perfect, blue & bright sky and thought immediately of my friend who passed away last Sunday night. So, I dedicated the ride to him. I'm completely convinced he is still with us, in some way. I may feel differently after the services next week, but for now he's with me in spirit. This past weekend I reread our correspondence from over the years, and am so thankful to still have that. We had some stellar conversations, on and off the page. His last two phrases he wrote me were "Positivity beats all!! Believe it!"

I do.

As I was writing this, one of our shared favorite songs came on - Iridescent by Linkin Park. He turned me on to it, and we both related to the message - let it go. You can be your own worst enemy by holding onto hurt and frustration and the past. Just let that shit go and look ahead with happiness.

Good message. Good man.

No comments:

Post a Comment