Friday, February 18, 2011

I scored over pizza


After you read this post you may start to think that this is going to be a baseball-focused blog. Not so. But since I LOVE BASEBALL now, there will be posts thrown in here and there to support my new LOVE OF BASEBALL. Did I mention I LOVE BASEBALL?

Hit up Dewey's last night for some yummy pizza - we got the Edgar Allen Poe, plus sausage. Delish.

During dinner my friend asked me about my newfound love of baseball, and rather skeptically I might add. She knows me well.

I gave her the "arranged marriage" explanation, and that I was tired of being left out of the fun due to my inability to grasp the finer points of the sport.

She then proceeded to school me in how to "score" the game.

Genius. Absolute genius. I love crunching data. If that makes me a nerd, so be it.

When I got home, I found this amazing site, which is all-things baseball scoring. Complete with examples and advanced symbols. Symbols! Hooah!!

So as I search for tickets to the season opener on 3/31 and find a deal on a jersey, I will be studying up on my scoring almanac so I can really dig into this game.

Go Cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment