Thursday, February 24, 2011

Swoosh


Such the slacker I am, had promised to post daily and then let life get the best of me. Ah well...here's an update:

My Substance Abuse Counseling class was soooooooooo tedious and "high school" on Tuesday. The professor gave us a scrapbook assignment, but didn't give a time limit, so certain classmates played YouTube advertisements that were 7+ minutes. Hello.....I finally had to speak up and put a stop to the nonsense, as the professor looked to be spacing out. I get more out of reading the book and watching Basketball Diaries then I do sitting in that class. Irritates me when I don't get my money's worth.

Last night in Trauma class we discussed DID, or dissociative identity disorder. DID is what multiple personality disorder was renamed as. The professor told some pretty interesting stories of how she came to diagnose her clients who had DID - a bit tip off is "losing time", which of course can happen when you black out from substance abuse, but that wasn't the case with these clients. Spooky stuff. Glad my brain is intact....for the most part.

Heading out for Denver in a few hours to hang with my cousins and hit the slopes. Can't wait.

All for now - will post pics of the trip soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment