Sunday, August 28, 2011


So.

I keep stumbling across things from my deep past which remind me of a time when I was very happy.

Things like Sandlewood incense. Ani DiFranco albums. Journaling. Birks & wool socks. My old guitar playbook. Pastels & charcoal.

Was I happy simply because of these things? Partly - they were comfortable, they were mine, and I discovered each one during a certain time in my life that's connected with a really good memory.

And yeah, I've made new memories since then, but the collective of these memories is like a connection to an old, dear friend.

It was a time when I didn't know my future, felt like I had all the time in the world, and wasn't so digitally connected that I couldn't take time to let the "here and now" sink in.

I think it might be time for an experiment.

Infuse these items that invoke warm memories of the past into my digitally-enhanced present. See what happens.

This weekend is as good a time as any to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment