Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Shorty-short movie reviews

Barney's Version - whoever put together the trailer must have been on crack. This movie was pretty superb. It had a good feel, Paul Giamatti was splendid. It's a great character study with a murder mystery weaved in for good measure. A little long, but very satisfying.

Frontiers - wicked weird French horror flick. Outstanding special effects are worth the rental.

Cowboys and Aliens - naptime with popcorn.

Friends With Benefits - an entertaining summer flick. Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis fit.

Sarah's Key - book was much better, although I'd gladly watch Kristin Scott Thomas make soap, so it was worth it to me.

Mutants - slow, boring French zombie flick. Would've made a nice TV series.

Tokyo Gore Police - if you know me, you know I'm good with gore. This movie did me in. It beat me. Had to turn it off after 8 1/2 minutes. Feeling queasy just thinking about it. It's probably a good movie, but I'll never know.

Horrible Bosses - great. Charlie Day is like comedic cocaine for me. I need him. Everyday.

Midnight In Paris - love seeing the city, tolerated seeing and listening to Owen Wilson.


No comments:

Post a Comment