Thursday, August 18, 2011

Things that go boo in the night


I live in a haunted house.

My neighbor just confirmed it.

I already knew this.

How?

Because I see shadows move in the doorway to my dining room. Day and night.

Because I can feel a presence. I've lived other places where I feel nothing. I feel it here.

Because one night, when I was headed out, I heard a woman's voice distinctly say in my ear, "I don't think that's going to work." And I was alone in the house.

And finally, because I caught my dog playing with someone in my kitchen last night. An invisible to me someone, but visible to him someone.

So, my neighbor told me all about the woman who died here in 1971, from cancer. Apparently she was a very nice person. Which is why I never feel scared.

I always feel comfortable in this house. So knowing what I know now explains a lot.

Right out of college my husband and I lived on the top floor in one of the oldest houses in St. Charles. It was haunted. By evil.

And we're talking really, really evil. Creeps me out to drive by the place.

I might have to tell this story soon, but not at night, and not before I'm about to go to bed.

Sleep tight....

No comments:

Post a Comment