Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Go beyond


Living it out: adjective; to go through the motions.

I've been doing this since 4/20.

A few weeks ago, I made a conscious effort to shake myself out of that way of thinking.

I reset my path. I reframed my outlook, shifted and stepped forward.

Reconnecting with friends after an unintentional sabbatical feels great - they've lent me their strength, wisdom and support for which I'll forever be thankful. The new friends I've made as of late have infused new energy within me, for which I'm also grateful.

I'm not of the "life is short" mentality - I think that kind of perspective can lead to recklessness.

I'm leaning towards "life is now" mentality. You can let the past shape you, learn lessons from it, but don't drag it behind you like a ball and chain. It will evenutally take you down.

On the flip side, the future is unknown, so you can't live for what comes tomorrow. You can make plans and take steps to prepare and hope that you're on the right path. However, expect that it may not go your way.

The present is a gift.

Don't live it out. Sit with it, smile at it. embrace it with happiness, and give yourself grace.

Be thankful for the past. Be awake in the now. Be hopeful for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment