Thursday, September 27, 2012

True colors

I recently discovered that someone I have known for a while is being a bully. I had looked up to this person as they’ve shown great momentum and commitment to the health and well-being of themselves and others, and came across as very positive and good-hearted.

People make mistakes – it’s what makes us human. And forgiveness, especially for our own mistakes as well as other’s missteps, is a sign of growth, maturity and goodness and is what makes us compassionate.

So when I learned of the blatant display of meanness, as I did this week, it was shocking and disheartening, especially in light of the fact that we both know someone who recently took their own life, the reasons for which none of us may ever know.

I want only the best for the people in my life, and for others.  I will keep this person in my heart, and hope that they can find it within themselves to be a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment