Sunday, March 10, 2013

Ahh

Really great 3-day weekend.

Got many chores out of the way Friday, and also got the kayak rack installed at the Alpine Shop. Looking forward to putting it to use soon, the yak has been dry for far too long.

Saturday I had a great session with my coach Jeremy from Integrated Wellness. We worked on increasing areas of my strength training routine. We also talked about working on speed. That afternoon the sun peeked out for a good long while so I took advantage and did an 18-mile bike ride. Heaven. Sore now but worth it.

Today I waited til the rain let up and did a 7 miler. Plodded along but got'er dun. Even more sore now. Hello, foam roller...

My tri-buddy Peter has been uber helpful in giving me tri training tips - apps, swimming, nutrition - and I'm so grateful for the help and the friendship/mentoring. We're planning a ride sometime in the near future...at least when my schedule lets up later on this month when my boss is back...

Thinking about starting a tri blog to track my progress this year. If so, will need to
launch soon...

On a side note, Girls is such a boring disaster. The first season was clever and unique and had a snappy script. This season is lacking punch and panache and is wholly a letdown. Why do I keep watching? I'm hoping against hope it gets better. Wtf, Lena Dunham? Where's the steam?

On another side note, I had breakfast with my best gal pal today and it was such a good, long chatfest! We've not seen each other for awhile, and even though we talk almost everyday, there's something special about looking your confidant in the eye and having those meaningful convos. She also gave me a dozen of her high-school records - Rex Smith, Rick Springfield, Chicago 17, etc. She's so damn rad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment