Monday, March 4, 2013

Crackly head, sniffle, Ironman

My doggie had a loose tooth, and a crackly head.

Turns out the loose tooth was a minor thing, and the crackly head was subcutaneous emphysema which means that air got under his skin from some tiny hole somewhere on his head.

The vet, who is the nicest man, brought in some shiny pliers and in about three seconds had that tooth out. Very little bleeding, and Ollie was good as new.

Very small fee as well. Had been prepared to shell out much more.

A while after we got home, Ollie was acting low and bothered, hanging his head off of the couch. I called the vet at 7:55, and he said if I could be there in five, he'd give me a couple pain pills for him. Again, how cool is my vet?? Super cool. Ollie is resting now, hopefully not in any pain.

On the sickee front, I'm feeling better today. Still coughing some, and wheezy and stuffy, but overall don't feel like a truck rolled over me.

Ready to hit the gym tomorrow and bust out Jeremy's workout, and am going to bed early so I can fit everything in tomorrow.

Also, I have a new tri buddy and am learning much in the way of nutrition, gear, training, etc. Always glad to have the support and the insight, especially from a seasoned racer. My swimming is sub-par, I need all the help I can get. Lol

So these things....my dog being okay, me feeling better, workout help...are enough to make this girl happy.

Deciding to be happy, to find the good in almost any situation, takes little effort. And the end result is darn fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment