Monday, March 18, 2013

Nibble, chomp

Last week was one of non-stop nibbling, which is to say I was busy from wake to sleep.

Today was a case of big 'ol chomps. Had a major meeting in which big decisions were finally made and are now moving along, and my workout was a Danger Will Robinson Level 9.5 hour-long spin class. I pushed more than I ever believe I have and got into the best zone during the big hills sections. I'm already incredibly sore, but that's the payoff.

I have to say, if I had to choose a nibble or a chomp day, I'd go with chomp. It feels fantastic to score big. However, you need nibble days to keep the peace and remind yourself that steady pace gets big results, too, it just takes longer.

The same could be said for tri training. Steady workouts during the week, with longer ones on the weekend make for a good combo.

Looking forward to a week of nibbles and chomps, getting together with my IM mentor and my coach, & getting out of town for a bit...but only after the workout is done.

Oh, and I'm so jonesing for warm weather. Long rides are much more pleasant in 50 degrees or above.

No comments:

Post a Comment