Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Channeling Patrick Swayze...

So I tried on my wetsuit today.

I think even my dog laughed at the hilarity that ensued.

Trying to get a wetsuit on is much like trying to pull up a pair of wet jeans.

It ain't happening without some trickery.

Wetsuits are delicate. They don't look it, but they are.

So you can't force it or it will rip, so I've been told. Glad I was told, because getting this sucker on was stressful.

So, much like how we used to pull up hose in the olden days, I started slow and inched up the legs so the crotch ended up where the crotch should be.

After that, it was a cinch.

The back zipper has an EZ Out zipper that has a cord you use to pull it up all the way, easy peasy.

As I was doing this, my mind went to the movie "Point Break" which features Patrick Swayze and Kanunu (Keanu) Reeves as surfers. Surfers who wear wetsuits.



So.

You could say I pulled a Swayze today.

And that made me feel good, and lighthearted, as he always came across that way in interviews.

This makes me want to watch this cheesy movie.

Speaking of cheesy...



And finally, NO ONE sleeps like this, unless they want a dislocated shoulder:



No comments:

Post a Comment