Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Who are you?

Every night, since the end of last April, before I go to sleep I make it a point to remember something good about my life from that day, and to think something I look forward to upon waking up.

I'm thankful.

I've been thinking about this lately - the good things.  When work or life gets crazy, I also think about what I could be faced with, which makes me even more grateful.

I am not:

-facing another night of cold and hunger, not knowing when my next meal or warm bed will be

-working in an oven-hot, windowless factory, bent over machinery, my fingers and back cramped while I make toys that sell for $15.00, and my hourly wage is $.15

-a woman on her first, second or third marriage who's husband is unfaithful which makes her take it out on her kids

-battling a life-threatening illness

-alone

I am:

-thankful to have a warm place to call my home

-blessed to have a wonderful boss, a rewarding job and the opportunity to work towards better health for hundreds of thousands of people

-overjoyed to have real love in my life

-amazed and grateful to be as healthy as I am and dont' take it for granted any longer

-lucky to have the most wonderful dog on the planet as my best buddy

And, much like this next clip....

I'm also just a girl......

standing in front of a boy....

asking him to love her. ;-)



Bwahahahaa.....such a crappy movie I couldn't resist. The post was getting way to serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment