Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Suck it up.

Almost a month into drama-free 2013 and running is still fun.

I enjoy the mental aspect of it almost more than the physical. It’s the thing I look forward to most when heading out for a few miles.

I don’t mind running in the rain, or snow, or bitter cold. What prevents me from getting to that meditative state is the wind. That damn wind.

Lately, the early-spring weather we’ve been having here and there brings about big, gusty winds. Total pain in the ass.

But, I just keep reminding myself that as long as I have the ability to put one foot in front of the other, whatever the pace, I will run. Someday I won’t be able to, and I don’t want to look back with regret on the days that I didn’t use my body and mind to its potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment