Friday, October 26, 2012

Clink, clink, clink....Warriors.....come out and play-ay....


On the nights I get my herr did, at the fabulous Bouffant Daddy salon in Maplewood, I stop by Kakao for a bit of extra dark chocolate w/sea salt.

So late last night, while winding down and catching up on some Tivo’d shows, I broke out the chocolate and had a tiny bit.

Let it be known that if I eat anything past 7:00 pm it usually leads to vivid dreams.

Last night was no exception.

My first dream took me back to college, and my ex bf/future husband was there, as was Maggie, the dog we adopted together. She’s since passed on, and it was very bittersweet to see her. And somewhat bittersweet to see the ex….those were good times.

Then I woke up about 1:30, laid there, tossed and turned, and finally fell back asleep.

My second dream was very detailed. I was in the movie The Warriors, and I was an extra Lizzie. The Lizzies were a girl gang, all fros and tough-sexy. So the dream consisted of me running around with the girl gang, chasing the Warriors among the dark  and dirty NYC streets. There was steam sifting up from manholes and streetlights and it was damp and a little chilly. I was wearing this pink, satin rollerskating jacket I used to have back in gradeschool, jeans and boots. My hair was frizzed out, and I had a bandana around my neck.

Too vivid, I’m telling ya.

It was a fun dream – I feel like I ran the entire time.

I’m wondering what effect dark chocolate w/pepper would have…might try it soon.

Here is a clip of the Lizzies vs Warriors, so you can visualize me in the scene:





Below is my FAVORITE clip of all time....super creepy, classic:


No comments:

Post a Comment