Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Update



-Ran just over 6 miles. Not the 8 I'd had in mind but I'm happy, and tired, just the same. 12:26 pace - I blame it on the breeze and new route. :-) Really not concerned at all about pace/speed/winning. My big win is just finishing and LOVING it. I dream about running. Seriously. It's getting weird...

-Since there will be hoardes of chilluns at my door tomorrow night begging for wrapped & branded sugar, I plan on doing a short bike tomorrow morning. Short is the key word...dislike biking in the dark, but it cannot get any safer than New Town.

-I have many friends in NYC who I'm praying for right now. No word in a while, so assuming their power is out and they're conserving batteries. Looks like a disaster area. NYC is resilient, as are its inhabitants. Still, sending good thoughts.

-My heat is working again...H to the Y! Minor fix, not "user error" so I'm a happy girl.

- Special shout out to my fellow LU alum Kari Shea Stopp and her lovely Charlotte Stopp for rescuing two wayward mutts. I'm happy to know people with such huge, warm hearts.

- Big team meeting tomorrow. Anticipating some potential shake-ups, due to growth and some folks leaving/repositioning. Not worried, but curious to see in what way we'll be growing and moving.

- SO looking forward to the Spits/Off! show this Thursday. Decent venue, lots of friends going. Bunch of old, crusty punkers we are. Life is good.

- I still reach for the phone to call my grandma. Not every day, but at least a couple times a week. Wonder if this will ever go away? Part of me hopes it won't. It's a bittersweet reminder...

- My dog is in dire need of a haircut. He's got what I can his "homeless man" look. Case in point, the pic above.

No comments:

Post a Comment