Monday, October 15, 2012

Taking stock

I had been working on a recap of my very eventful weekend, but I feel this is more important to start off the week with.

I just received an email from a coworker. She’d gotten into an auto accident over the weekend and wanted to let us all know she was okay. She was driving her small VW and it was hit by a semi. She flipped over on the highway.

The pics were frightening.

She went on to say that she feels she has a second chance at life, and cannot begin to express her gratitude.

I am so thankful that she’s okay – she’s a very unique and special person, and I personally feel grateful that she’ll be around so I can keep getting to know her. She’s a professional, giving and inspirational gal and makes coming to the office all the more fun.

It’s this kind of thing that puts life into perspective. It makes you take stock of what you have, pay more attention to what you don’t, and put plans into motion to hold onto what’s dear and go after what you want.

I'm already doing this, in many ways, but her situation has renewed my intent.

It's going to be a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment