Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Whacked upside the soul.


The title may be misleading.

Just when I had given up on 2012 producing any kind of respite, I am suddenly, happily, knocked out of my sodden, stumbling emotional stupor and thrown into the bliss-full backseat of forward motion.

I'm ravishing my breakthroughs much like a 17th century lover who's been held captive in a dungeon, strapped to The Machine and ebbed of lifeflow by a sadistic Prince Humperdink only to be rescued by Inigo Montoya, but in this case Prince Humperdink has a serious case of nasty gaptooth, leftover/unintelligent ancestral-speak and a penchant for misspellings and sad rant.

Life embraces, and I'm huggin it back and planting sloppy, wet kisses all over it's pretty face.

Flowery & meandering prose aside, here are a few things I'm looking forward to or in the midst of:

1. The omnipresence of all things autumn. It's here, I'm in it, so ain't nuttin gettin' me down, suckas.

2. Cardinal playoffs. Especially after a trouncing.

3. Cabining, when I get to makeout with trees, float my 'yak, and roast various sundries over a crackling fire.

4. This band:


5. The new installment of Paranormal Activity - #4.


6. This concert:




7. Cold-weather riding and running.

8. Upcoming trips to NYC, Baltimore, Chitown and TBD.

9. Outstanding time spent with friends.

10. This:

No comments:

Post a Comment