Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Feast Your Eyes....



I'm resurrecting a former blog post from my old Prairie Fire Girl blog that lists all of my favorite scary movies. I'll be adding some to the list, though, as I've recently discovered French and Italian horror cinema...and let's not forget the gorefest that is Korean cinema...ewww.

I am a true horror movie fan, which means I watch them year round. I love to see them in the theater - in fact, I rarely miss seeing a new release that meets my criteria. So when Halloween rolls around, I'm ready for some new scare-fodder.

Here are my lists:

Favorite horror movies
1. Halloween (original 1978 version)
2. The Exorcist
3. The Shining
4. Friday the 13th (original)
5. Carrie
6. Inside (French realistic)
7. House of 1,000 Corpses
8. Devil's Rejects
9. Halloween (Rob Zombie remake)
10. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974 version)

Honorable Mentions
-The Ring (American) or Ringu (Asian)
-The Orphanage (Italian)
-The Others
-Blair Witch Project (uniqueness)
-Paranormal Activity 1 (uniqueness and on the cheap)
-Insidious
-Sinister (Ethan Hawke, good plot, hilarious deputy)
-A Tale of Two Sisters (Korean)
-I Saw The Devil (Korean)

Favorite Cheesy Horror Movies
1. Motel Hell
2. I Spit On Your Grave
3. Don't Look In The Basement
4. Young Frankenstein
5. The Last House On The Left
6. Killer Clowns from Outer Space

Television
1. American Horror Story - Season 1 (jury is still out on Season 2)
2. Walking Dead
3. Munsters
4. Adamms Family
5. Lost (it was kind of a nightmare....right?)
6. Dead Like Me
7. Six Feat Under
8. Pushing Up Daisies
9. Days of our Lives (exorcisms, witches, devils...all wrapped up in a daytime soap. Genius!)


No comments:

Post a Comment