Thursday, November 8, 2012

Bust a move

Had a decent run this evening, save for the darkness that came on too soon. Ran five, 11:35 pace. Happy with that, especially after slowing down a couple times to mess around with my iPod which was skipping...how does that happen?? I was in the zone, Sigur Ros soothing my every step...

Switching out between my older Brooks and newer ones for each run to see what feels better. So far, no difference. But really loving my new wool socks. Super cushy comfy.

Still love running. Love. It.

Looking into longer multi-sport races for 2013. Ran across a comparison website that tracked the least/most difficult 70.3 - Branson came in at #5. I may very well skip that and move up the calendar to Kansas. Flat, flat, flat. Me likey. Plus, one of my best friends lives in Wichita so he can come and cheer me on. It's in June, which isn't too far from now but I've got something like 30 weeks to prepare. Doable.

As I begin my training this Sunday, I want to give something up that I can reward myself with once I finish. Perhaps Hoegaarden? Or extra dark Kakao chocolate w/sea salt and white pepper? It's gotta be good...those are two things I can live without for a few months...




No comments:

Post a Comment