Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Yay yay!

When my cousin Mandy was little, she used to say "Yay yay!" when she was happy. I'm saying it today.

Mom is much better, and going home soon.

Her favorite nurse came by tonight to say she wouldn't be at work until Saturday and wanted to say goodbye. I thought that was so sweet.

In other news, the trip to Baltimore was a success. Very nice EP docs, lots of good info sharing. I didn't get to spend much time with my boss, but he's in the office all next week so very much looking forward to that.

A couple good concerts coming up this month - Over The Rhine and Japandroids. Again, yay yay!

I've got my eye on a big tri next year, and I'm going to officially start my training on Sunday. Haven't been swimming for a couple months, will be nice to get back to it. And I've got all my cold-weather biking gear so it's on. Nothing like a good, hard workout to elevate the mood...throw in some chilly weather and you work even harder to stay warm.

Finally, scheduled my monthly visit to Dana, my super cool massage therapist. He gave me some really helpful stretching techniques last time, and they've helped me limber up better before my runs. An hour with him feels like half a day. He's fantabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment