Friday, March 18, 2011

Weiner!


In my family, we pronounce certain words "uniquely".

Debby goes by "Daahhby"

Hello is "Heellllllllllllooooooo"

Winner is "Weiner"

I just found out the blog I created/manage for the hospital, Touching Base, won a Ranly award for Best Overall Blog at the Missouri Association of Publications. The banquet was on Wednesday, and my coworker picked up my award for me.

I'm so jazzed. I worked really hard getting this blog up and running, fine tuning it, and making it something our community wants to read.

We started off a year ago, and had around 745 views the first month. Last month we had over 6,000 views, our highest yet. We've done no advertising for this blog - only promotion via social media and word of mouth. A link is on our hospital website, but over the past few months most of the traffic has been from Facebook and Twitter.

Some of my colleagues won awards for their contributions to our publications like Innovate and others. I'm so proud of all of them, and of our team for creating such award-winning work.

I will always stand by my statement that what we put out is a team effort. The blog would not be successful were it not for the support and contributions from my mates, Kathy Holleman and Jason Merrill.

We are unstoppable.

We're like an unstoppable forest fire that lovingly consumes all in its path, leaving nothing but charred purity in its wake.

We're like Jay-Z, Eminem, and Snoop all rolled into one big, fat blogtastic blunt of creativity. We smoked the competition, and won't stop until we reach the top.

Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment