Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Korean Cinema Fantastique

I love Asian cinema. And Korea is fast becoming a tour de force in producing some truly unique films.

This week "I Saw The Devil" hits the Tivoli, and I'm super jazzed to see this. I'm not one for violence, but I do appreciate implied violence, where you see the aftermath but not necessarily the act. Apparently this is ten-fold in "Devil", and it also features one of my favorite actors, Choi Min-sik, from "Oldboy" and is directed by Kim Ji-Woon. Talk about powerhouse in the making. From the trailer it looks all sorts of atmospheric, quick-cut action, right up my alley.



Another of my favorite Korean movies, aside from "Oldboy" is the creepfest "A Tale Of Two Sisters", also directed by Ji-Woon. Thanks to Netflix I caught this flick a few years ago and was highly entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment