Thursday, March 24, 2011

Oh, hello - funny meeting you here


One thing I really like about Facebook is the opportunity it presents to reconnect with otherwise long-lost former-life peeps.

I have renewed faith in humanity when I become FB friends with someone I wasn't really friends with in high school or college, but who makes the effort to reach out and get a dialogue going.

And then I have fleeting thoughts of wanting to hop into go back in time using Dr. Who's big, purple time machine and be their friend THEN because I'm pretty sure my life would be the better for it NOW.

Facebook also helps to renew my faith because bullies I have known throughout my life are pounded by karma (rightly so) and have been reduced to slovenly, relationship-challenged slackers who can't get from here to there without a life map, some dice and a bottle of Jack.

I recently started chatting it up with someone from my college days. Some of those days are very hazy, and what I recall is that this guy was, to quote Miley Cyrus, "prrrretty cool". I hung out in that circle for a couple years, didn't really get to know him well aside from a fringe-kinda-way.

Turns out he hasn't changed much. Still prrrretty cool. 80/20 cool/dork ratio, kinda like me.

And I wouldn't have this knowledge now if Facebook weren't around.

BTW, the photo is of Sibley Hall, the oldest building on campus and the haunted dorm I lived in for a school year and a summer.

Spooky stuff went down in there. Real spooky. For instance, there were many suicides in that building over the years. Stories of people being pushed. I've got a few of my own stories as well. Scary experiences.

But that's for another time, in another post....

No comments:

Post a Comment