Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What else do I love besides baseball?


I LOVE GOLF.

Yes. That's right.

I love golf. And of course, what's mentioning golf without a pic of Chevy Chase in Caddyshack, one of my favorite movies (seriously)?

This is the year of me embracing everything I shunned in the past that has prevented me from enjoying a fulfilling social life here in St. Louis. Again, I will compare it to an arranged marriage in which I learn to love that which has been thrust upon me.

And just like baseball, golf is one of those things.

I was recently offered a free golf lesson, complete with clubs.

To that I say, hell yeah.

Bring on the joy.

Seriously, I love going to the driving range. Lining up my swing, hitting the ball dead-on, seeing it fly beyond where my near-sighted eyes can see is actually fun for me.

That said, I will take learning golf as my opportunity to get out and enjoy nature, get some good walking in, catch up on the latest guy chatter, and a chance to work on my infraspinatus, terses minor, subscapularis, supraspinatus, biceps and triceps, among other key muscle groups.

It will also give me the opportunity to explore the fashionable side of golf - just an added bonus to my ever-growing sporty wardrobe.

If hitting a tiny, little ball into a far away, tiny little hole in the hot, hot sun will bring me some fun, I'm game.

No comments:

Post a Comment