Friday, August 17, 2012

Naked face, Dead Can Dance, stupid nutmeg brain...


- Silly hipsters on Facebook. If you mention Ikea, Fiat or Mini in a post, you must include a reference to a beverage like fair-trade coffee or veggie-fruit smoothie or it's considered incomplete. Bonus points for also sneaking in yoga. #youarepredictableandboringbutIamgladwearefriends:-)

- I think Ice T should act more. And smile more. And smile more when he acts. He's a lovable goofball underneath all that gangster swagger. Word.

- I'll take genuine kindness, a bright smile and truth over most anything else any night of the week.

- I don't see my cup as half full or half empty. I see it as having an actual cup, which is more than some people have these days, so I'm very thankful. If it's got something in it, even better.

- What I miss most about past jobs: certain people. A job can bring you a paycheck, but it can also bring you the treasure of a friend. Most of my treasures have come from jobs. On the flip side, what I miss least about past jobs: certain people. Lol

- My favorite chocolate will always be the Hershey's Kiss that's in the middle of a peanut butter cookie. Genius. Who thought of this? I'd like to shake her hand. :-)

- The first bite of a tuna fish sandwich is THE BEST. Anything after that ruins the experience. I've learned this the hard way.

- Nobody is perfect. We are all flawed, and we all have our battles to fight. So the next time you see a "beautiful person" or a "freak", remember that what you see isn't always what you get.  You might be surprised and make a new friend. On the other hand, they might be a not-so-great person, at which point feel free to move on, because man, life is TOO short to put up with bullsh*t.

- I hate wearing makeup. Always have. It's a PITA to put on, it's expensive, the reason behind wearing makeup pisses me off, and it clogs my pores. I have a friend who only wears makeup on Saturday nights when she goes out. During the work week and Sundays she's Miss Naked Face. I love her for that, and for many other reasons.

- I love running before the sun comes up, and also at night. I get to feel like I am the last person on earth. I will also admit that listening to Rage during my morning runs and Dead Can Dance during night runs completes the apocalyptic scenario.

- I have come to terms (my own) that I am past the age where a nose ring would be even 1% appropriate on me. However, tattoos aren't off the table just yet. I probably won't get any more, but of the six that I have, one needs a major overhaul and two could use some snazzing up...perhaps color. We shall see....

- I was so tempted to purchase a gosh darn fake-flower wreath for my front door today because I love fall so gosh darn much. I am not crafty like that, but autumn makes me nuts. My brain becomes all nutmeg-cinnamon melted butter and my eyes go all gooey.  I feel this coming on, with the lower temps and all. Stupid nutmeg brain.

- In my healthy eating regime I have added two mornings of fresh juice. I have a juicer. It's freakin awesome. It cranks out the most amazing tastiness, because my concoctions are some of the most fantastic creations known to man. My latest is the Peachy Kiwi PearBerry. Major pucker, but delish.

- I have mastered the art of eating spaghetti with a fork, sans spoon. I am a certified Expert Twirler. Dine with me sometime and I'll share the magic that is my technique. You won't be sorry.

- I have a friend who sends the most amazing texts. The first-thing-in-the-morning, brighten-your-day kinda texts. For this reason, I am more than a little addicted to the "bleemp" sound that eminates from my phone when a new text comes in. It's become a Pavlov's Dog technological situation. My brain salivates. It's outstanding.

- I have the most wonderful friends a girl could ever have. Not sure what I did to deserve these blessings, but I'm very thankful.

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand why I don't come here more often. I agree with every bullet-point here (Except the wreath thing...but I do love your repeated use of "gosh darn") and especially the make-up and last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bri, you should make visiting this blog a daily habit, like a delish cup of coffee or brushing your teeth. Much like the two previous examples, it will wake you up and leave you with minty freshness. :-)

    Nice to know you like the makeup one. Points for being a guy and supporting that viewpoint.

    Curious to know why you don't agree with the wreath post - is it because you've got one yourself? Is this something I should really look into investing in? I'm game, just need to know I'm not the only person under 55 who does this...

    ReplyDelete